Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub – Worth The Effort?
Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub – What Are The Benefits?
Who knew that the stuff you keep in the cupboards of your kitchen can actually be turned into DIY at-home beauty treats!?
A Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub is ideal for perking up the skin on your face and body, and you’ll reap the rewards and benefits of its natural ingredients…
Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub: The Ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon of Organic, High Quality Honey
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar (Brown or White)
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Airtight Container to Store It!
- Optional: Add a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil for aroma!
Cel Pro Tip: Use a mason jar, and decorate with a label or ribbon, and you’ve got yourself a really thoughtful, home made gift!
Honey Sugar Lemon Scrub: What Does Each Ingredient Do?
Honey is a natural antioxidant, so it's great for targeting the signs of aging.
It’s also a natural humectant meaning it locks water into the skin, keeping it hydrated.
Honey also has notorious antibacterial properties which can soothe acne and blemishes, and prevent/reduce breakouts occurring!
Sugar is a natural exfoliator, so it helps buff off dead skin cells, which in turn helps improve the skin’s texture.
It’s also a natural source of glycolic acid which supports in evening out skin tone. Plus, it's great for cleaning the pores!
Vitamin C is effective in evening out skin's pigmentation, so it can help keep our skin evenly toned while helping to increase our natural collagen levels too!
As well as all that, lemon is a natural astringent, so it can tighten your pores and brighten your complexion. It’s also known to lighten darker areas of skin and age spots.
For example, our skin on our elbows and knees is constantly rubbing against clothing. Because of this, the skin grows thicker to protect it, and thus looks darker. Lemon, when applied topically, can help these areas look brighter and lighter.
Olive oil is high in Vitamin E, which soothes and heals skin; a natural moisturizing ingredient often used for its anti-aging benefits.
Deeply moisturizing and naturally nourishing, coconut oil can also boast antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-fungal properties.
How Do I Make A Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub?
- Squeeze your 1/2 a lemon and mix it with the olive oil in a clean bowl
- Then. add the honey and mix together until it’s a good, sturdy consistency
- Next, add the sugar and mix together. Feel free to add a little more of each ingredient as you see fit.
To Use On Your Body: Apply to your body (don’t forget your feet!) and rub in, in a circular motion for several minutes before rinsing off in a lukewarm shower!
Cel Pro Tip: This scrub can help brighten yellowing nails too, as well as assist in promoting their strength, so spend a little time massaging this mixture into your cuticles and nails on your feet and hands.
- To Use On Your Face: When applying to your face, make sure to avoid your eyes and be really gentle with the circular motion application. If any does get in your eye, rinse with cool, clean water.
Always avoid open wounds or cuts when applying any product to your face or body.
Final Thoughts On Your DIY Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub!
Your scrub should keep for 3 weeks, so make a new batch after 21 days.
Enjoy your new Honey Lemon Sugar Scrub and the smooth, even, soft skin it gives you!